We can use adjectives to infinitive in two ways. Let’s see both of them.
- It is difficult to understand her.
- She’s difficult to understand.
- It’s good to see you again.
- I’m happy to see you again.
- Are you happy to see me again?
- Yes, It’s pleasing to talk to you again.
- Was it pleasant to sleep alone in this large house?
- No, it was scary to stay all night alone here.
Adjectives to Infinitive Pattern I Examples
- It is almost impossible to do his idea.
- It is safe to eat this leaf.
- Is it okay to for me to sit here?
- It is very interesting to talk to Sue.
- Is it polite to blow your nose in the dining table?
Adjectives to Infinitive Pattern II Examples
- His idea is almost impossible to do.
- This leaf is safe to eat.
- Sue is very interesting to talk to.
- This house is scary to live in.
- These fruits are safe to eat.
To Infinitive After Ordinal Numbers
- Who was the first man to walk on the moon?
- She’s the last girl to stay in my heart.
Adjectives to Infinitive | Expressing One’s Feeling about Something
- I am sorry to hear that your son is ill.
- She was surprised to find her lost kitten.
- His parents were disappointed to see his bad performance.
Adjectives of Someone to Do Something
The structure (it is) nice of someone to do something is possible after the following adjectives.
- It was very difficult to ride this motorcycle.
- It is safe to drink this water.
- It is difficult to explain some grammatical rules.
- It is difficult to find a good government employee in this country.
- It is not easy to abolish corruption.
- You make the same mistake. (careless)
- Jane gave me a birthday gift. (nice)
- He makes a phone call while he drives. (careless)
- I told her I had another girl. (stupid)
- Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Nobody walked on the moon before.
- He reigned the kingdom. Nobody reigned the kingdom anymore.
- He saw the lost boy. Nobody saw the boy anymore.
- This motorcycle is very difficult to ride.
- This water is safe to drink.
- Some grammatical rules are difficult to explain.
- A good government employee is difficult to find in this country.
- Corruption is not easy to abolish.
- It is careless of you to make the same mistake.
- It was nice of Jane to give me a birthday present.
- It is careless of him to make a phone call while he drives.
- It was stupid of me to tell her I had another girl.
- Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon.
- He was the last person/king to reign the kingdom.
- He was the last person to see the boy.